Thursday, October 2, 2008

Is this really happening.............

My father was injured in a motorcycle accident this past saturday night. I don't think you are ever prepared for the telephone call that one of your parents is sick or has been injured.
I'm mad, I'm mad because the media isn't telling the whole truth, I made because my father could have...by most accounts should have died.
God........God is what kept my father here and God took the other man.

The other man had been running around (drunk) for over 30 minutes on I-10...that's right the highway. They say he was trying to catch a dog, but the police report states his was intoxicated. What person puts others human lives in danger for an animal, he could have and almost did cause numerous wrecks. I feel awful for his family and for him losing his life, but he could have taken others as well. It's like drinking and driving....it's the other lives you put in danger. Same here no one in the media had said anything about what about the motorcyclist...... his life.

By the grace of God my dad never even layed his bike down...he say's someone else was driving that bike that night. After 8 hours of surgery .....only his arm is out of commission. It will be about 6 months before his arm is a hundred percent.....but he'll be fighting this forever. Although there was NOTHING he did wrong....he feels the guilt. Like we all would.

I pray him daily and for the other family. I pray for him to know that he's still the most amazing man in my life and always will be....that he survived it a miracle and blessing and God made that choice....not us.

My Superman.....is and always will be.

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh Ash! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad that he is ok (for the most part). I'll keep him and your family in my prayers.

marissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Ash, but so happy to hear he survived with minor injuries. I will be praying for him and your whole family and the other family in this accident.

Aimee' said...

praying for your dad quick recovery!